Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by Lantana Foods. I received compensation and product in order to create a recipe. However, y’all know me, and when I say something is delicious, it’s delicious – regardless if I received it or not. 🙂
This is a fun way to play with your food, while still keeping it healthy! I love berries and while they are more traditionally summer food, when I find them in the supermarket in the dead of winter here in New England, I snag them.
Lantana Strawberry Hummus is a great addition to any snack since it satisfies your sweet tooth, while also giving you a dose of protein and fiber to keep you full.
So here is what you need for your holiday fruit shish kabobs!
- Stick pretzels
- One pomegranate
- One box of raspberries and one box of blackberries
- One 8oz container of Lantana Strawberry Hummus
What you need to do:
- First up, slice open that pomegranate. If you’ve never done this before – heads up, pomegranate juice is BRIGHT red/purple and can leave your kitchen counter looking like a Halloween display. You’ll need to take the seeds from just one side that that you cut open.
- From here, mix the pomegranate seeds into the Lantana Strawberry Hummus. Shake in a little of the pomegranate juice to up the ante – pomegranate and strawberry is a power couple made in fruit heaven. Save some of the seeds to garnish the top of your hummus with.
- This is when you start to have fun. Take a pretzel stick, and start to build your shish kabob! Depending on how big your pretzel is, or how much fruit you have, you can have some fun with it.
- Now, give it a big ol’ dip in the hummus and ENJOY!